In my family, a strawberry pie is a rite of passage from spring into summer. This weekend we indulged in our strawberry tradition. I have had several people ask for the recipe so I’m sharing it in my strawberry blog. I’m hoping my Stark Bros strawberry plants produce enough berries for a late summer pie!
- 2 (8 inch) pie shells, baked
- 2 1/2 quarts fresh strawberries (sliced or whole)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry flavored gelatin
- In a saucepan, mix together the sugar, corn starch and water; make sure to blend corn starch completely and get all of the lumps out. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Add gelatin mix, and stir until smooth. Let mixture cool to room temperature.
- Place strawberries in cooled, baked pie shells. Pour cooled gel mixture over strawberries.
- Refrigerate until set. Serve with whipped cream.
Sometimes I mix it up and add fresh blue berries or blackberries. ENJOY!